To create a conference with Mr. Puggi for this year (Feb. 8th - Feb. 11th) click on the following link: Conference Link.
Please use the following resources for Virtual, Hybrid and In-school Learning:
We will be using Google Classroom as our Digital classroom throughout the year. All Assignments required for class will be posted there.
Listed below are all of the Google class codes for you to join your respective class. Please go to classroom.google.com after you are signed into your EHT google account and add yourself to our class with the codes below. Also, you will find the meeting times of each class.
The following are the Google Classroom Codes needed to obtain materials for class including Google Meet addresses for live classroom logins. All materials and documents will be digital so there is no physical materials needed outside of access to the Internet, various websites and the Google Educational Suite.
2nd Semester, Day 1 Period 1 Code: bo22ibn (Class will be live 7:40-8:23 on Day 1)
2nd Semester, Day 1 Period 2 Code: fsblvo4 (Class will be live 8:28-9:11 on Day 1)
2nd Semester, Day 1 Period 6 Code: dl3j2j4 (Class will be live 11:40-12:23 on Day 1)
2nd Semester, Day 2 Period 1 Code: otwadif (Class will be live 7:40-8:23 on Day 2)
2nd Semester, Day 2 Period 2 Code: 55lsuw5 (Class will be live 8:28-9:11 on Day 2)
2nd Semester, Day 2 Period 6 Code: yv3vjfk (Class will be live 11:40-12:23 on Day 2)
Computer Principles Codes (6th Grade):
1st Marking Period: c3d33uy (Class will be live 9:16-9:59 on Day 1)
About Our Class....
The Compputer lab, located in Room B234, at Fernwood Ave Middle School is used for teaching 6th, 7th and 8th Grades. The following is a description how the room is used at each grade level.
7th and 8th Grade -
Currently, the 7th and 8th Grade students have a choice to select which Special class they would like to take in the Career and Technical Education field. The students will have this class for half of the school year (45 class periods). They can choose from Coding, Robotics, STEM and Entrepreneurship class. Entrepreneurship is taught in Room B234.
The purpose of this course is to provide a basic overview of the steps it takes to plan and operate a business. The following topics are discussed in the course.
Marking Period 1:
- Define what an entrepreneur is.
- What the common traits among entrepreneurs are.
- A self evaluation to see if they posses those common entrepreneurial traits.
- Who current and past entrepreneurs are and what made them successful.
- Examining the Engineer Design Process and how entrepreneurs apply this to their business model.
- What intellectual property is and how this influences business owners' decisions.Marking Period 2:Once this is complete, the students will go through the steps of creating a business focusing on completing a business plan. The following will be included on their business plan. (students will create a business in class based on their plan)
- Brainstorming to create a business idea.
- Creating a business plan which included the following:
- Naming their business.
- How to identifying problems people have and how this can influence a successful business idea.
- Formulating a proper business idea (the solution to problem = business idea)
- How their business will they make money (revenue)
- How will they sell (market) their business
- Who their competition is
- What their expenses will be
- Who will work for the business
- and what some future milestones for their business will be.
If you are a successful entrepreneur or business owner and would like to be a guest speaker for our class, email us.
6th Grade -
All 6th grade students have Computer Principles in their Special class rotation for one marking period, every other day. (22 class periods per year)
The purpose of Computer Principles is to:
- Improve students typing skills.
- How to become a better "digital citizen" by looking at their behaviors on-line with a focus on the affects of their digital footprint and analyzing a web site for accuracy.
- An introduction to coding and robotics
- File Management
- MS Office / Google Suite software (word processing, presentations, and spreadsheets will be covered)
If you have any questions about any of the topics we are covering in class, please feel free to contact me. (Email prefered)