Back to School Google Meet Link - Click Here (link will be active Monday, September 13th at 6:30 PM)
About Our Class....
The Computer lab, located in Room B234, at Fernwood Ave Middle School is used for teaching 6th, 7th and 8th Grades. The following is a description how the room is used at each grade level.
You can arrive to each google classroom by using the following codes:
Day 1, Period 1 - 26irhtv
Day 1, Period 2 - xpwaofj
Day 1, Period 6 - 6kbf642
Day 2, Period 1 - wuv63i5
Day 2, Period 2 - wu2rjub
Day 2, Period 6 - wvnwfqw
7th and 8th Grade -
Currently, the 7th and 8th Grade students have a choice to select which Special class they would like to take in the Career and Technical Education field. The students will have this class for half of the school year (45 class periods). They can choose from Coding, Robotics, STEAM and Entrepreneurship class. Entrepreneurship is taught in Room B234.
The purpose of this course is to provide a basic overview of the steps it takes to plan and operate a business. The following topics are discussed in the course.
Marking Period 1:
- Define what an entrepreneur is.
- What the common traits among entrepreneurs are.
- A self evaluation to see if they posses those common entrepreneurial traits.
- Who current and past entrepreneurs are and what made them successful.
- Examining the Engineer Design Process and how entrepreneurs apply this to their business model.
- What intellectual property is and how this influences business owners' decisions.Marking Period 2:Once this is complete, the students will go through the steps of creating a business focusing on completing a business plan. The following will be included on their business plan. (students will create a business in class based on their plan)
- Brainstorming to create a business idea.
- Creating a business plan which included the following:
- Naming their business.
- How to identifying problems people have and how this can influence a successful business idea.
- Formulating a proper business idea (the solution to problem = business idea)
- How their business will they make money (revenue)
- How will they sell (market) their business
- Who their competition is
- What their expenses will be
- Who will work for the business
- and what some future milestones for their business will be.
If you are a successful entrepreneur or business owner and would like to be a guest speaker for our class, email us.
6th Grade -
All 6th grade students have Computer Principles in their Special class rotation for one marking period, every other day. (22 class periods per year)
The purpose of Computer Principles is to:
- Improve students typing skills.
- How to become a better "digital citizen" by looking at their behaviors on-line with a focus on the affects of their digital footprint and analyzing a web site for accuracy.
- An introduction to coding, robotics, and entrepreneurship
- File Management
- MS Office / Google Suite software (word processing, presentations, and spreadsheets will be covered)
If you have any questions about any of the topics we are covering in class, please feel free to contact me. (Email prefered)