If you would like some educational activites to use over the summer, I have compiled a list of websites and student resouces for you to use below. I hope everyone has wonderfual summer and I look forward to seeing your child back at Port Colden this fall!
Educational Websites: (some were used for digital learning, so you may already be familiar with them. You will still have access to them until September.)
- Prodigy: https://play.prodigygame.com
- Kids A-Z (Raz Kids): https://www.kidsa-z.com/main/Login
- Reading Eggs: https://readingeggs.com (click blue login button)
- Scholastic News: https://sn1.scholastic.com (click login and input class code, then choose an article)
- Tumble Books: This is accessed through the student page on the WTSD website. I have a link to that page here: https://www.washtwpsd.org/students/ (Click on Tumble Books to see all the books available to read or listen)
- Epic (stories and news articles) https://www.getepic.com (parents have to sign up for a 30 day free trial for access)
Summer Activity Packets
The first grade teachers have compiled different reading and math activites that can be printed and used as you'd like. These are not mandatory, but provide some extra practice over the summer if you want to complete them. They are accessed through the WTSD website. Please click the link to access the page: https://www.washtwpsd.org/parents/summer-activity-reading-packets/. Click on Grade 1 Summer Activities.
If you would like additional reading activities, there is also a Summer Reading Packet on the WTSD site listed above. You may choose any of activites from the list. For these activites, please select Incoming Grade 2.
Warren County Library
Each summer the Library hosts a reading program for kids of all ages. They also offer a large variety of onlne books for students to read. Please visit their website regarding the virtual Reading Program for the summer: https://warrenlib.org/node/5557#.XuIuFiOZP-Y