Marlboro High School will be conducting on-line registration for the 2019 Advanced Placement (AP) exams. Registration can be completed from any computer with internet access in order to allow payments to be made online and eliminate the need to complete pre-gridding during the school day. To register, students should visit: www.totalregistration.net/AP/310752 . All questions must be answered, and it is strongly recommend that parents and students are both present while registering to ensure that the correct exams are ordered.
Important dates for the registration process:
Regular Registration Begins: February 1, 2019
Regular Registration Ends: February 18, 2019
Late Registration begins: February 19, 2019 ($15.00 late fee per exam)
Late Registration Ends: February 24, 2019 *No registrations will be accepted after this date*
Important dates regarding refunds:
Date by which student can receive a full refund: March 8, 2019
Date by which student can receive a partial refund ($25 Cancellation Fee): March 28, 2019
No Refunds will be given after March 28, 2019.
The cost per exam is $97.00. If paying by check, students must print their registration form and mail their payment to Total Registration as per the directions on the registration screen. If you chose to pay online, please be sure to have your credit or debit card available before beginning registration. Paying online is a great way to make sure the payment has been made while avoiding the inconvenience and time of mailing a payment. Students may qualify for a fee waiver if receiving free/reduced lunch. If you have any questions, please contact your child’s counselor or the Guidance Office.
Students may receive test accommodations ONLY if they have prior approval by the College Board with an eligibility letter from Services for Students with Disabilities that includes an SSD number [which must be provided on the registration website]. If you are unsure of your status, please contact your child’s counselor.
Schedule conflicts sometimes occur. Any student who is scheduled to take two exams at the same time should notify Mr. Carrino, Mr. Pancrazio, or Mrs. Sousa after online registration is completed. Please read the Bulletin for AP Students and Parents for complete information about AP Exams. The Bulletin can be found on the AP website: http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/about.html.
- Each Advanced Placement exam is a minimum of 3 hours
- Exams will be administered from approximately 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. or from 11:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.; Students should bring their lunch if they are taking two exams on the same day. Only a short amount of time in between exams is allotted.
- If you are scheduled for an afternoon exam, please inform coaches and/or advisors that YOU WILL BE LATE OR UNABLE TO ATTEND AFTERSCHOOL ACTIVITIES THE DAY OF YOUR AFTERNOON EXAM. YOU MAY NOT BE DISMISSED FROM A TESTING ROOM EARLY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
- Again, all test takers must be dismissed from the testing room at the same time. No one may leave early.
- If a student is absent on the day they are expected to take an AP Exam, it is the student’s responsibility to contact one of the persons mentioned above, immediately, to discuss whether a late test may be ordered. The student may incur an additional fee of $45.00 for various late testing circumstances. If a student does not do this, a make-up test will not be ordered.
- Absolutely no electronic devices such as cell phones, iPods, etc. are permitted in the testing room;
- Students who are taking AP exams requiring the use of calculators should bring the calculator they are most comfortable with and one in which they know how to operate successfully. Please bring extra batteries. Kindly note that calculator memories will be cleared prior to testing
- Students must bring #2 pencils and black or blue pens to the testing site.