What is Asthma?
- Asthma is a serious chronic (on-going) disease in which the airways of the lungs become swollen or inflamed
- This causes symptoms like wheezing, coughing, chest tightness or trouble breathing
- Asthma can’t be cured but it can be controlled
Key Signs and Symptoms of Asthma
- Cough – may be worse at night
- Wheezing – high pitched whistling sounds when breathing, especially in children
- Difficulty breathing
- Chest tightness
If your child has a history of asthma please have their physician complete the
Asthma Action Plan below. The student's medication can be kept in the Health Office if needed.
No medication can be administered without a doctor's order.
Asthma Action Plan
- Physician completes and parent signature