Periodically we will have occasion to give students a free appropriate dress day for many different reasons. Sometimes it will be for positive behavior rewards and sometimes it will be a special pay a dollar day for a local charity or fundraiser. Occasionally I will give a free dress day “out of the blue” because students have been especially good or cooperative about something. This may happen on the spur of the moment, so you should believe them if they tell you and don’t have a note. I am a big proponent of incentive rewards for “catching doing good” rather than always looking for bad and just giving punishment. Over the years Westside students have rewarded my faith in them time and again with great behavior and cooperation. I am sure that this will continue with the students now starting Westside.
1. Jeans with no holes anywhere on them.
2. Regular/Cargo pants or shorts.
3. Capri pants
4. Regular shorts that adhere to the same length as uniform shorts.
5. Dresses of appropriate length to the knee with correct fit will be allowed.
1. Any shirt that covers the body properly without being see-through and does not contain bad language, inappropriate messages, or alcohol/tobacco advertising. (the principal will have final say if there is a question). Students will not have to tuck in shirts unless it becomes a problem.
*** Belts must be worn, but can be most regular style as long as they do not appear potentially dangerous- Ex. Extremely large buckle, spikes on the outside, etc.
Not allowed: Anything that does not adhere to the spirit of the above is not allowed, but for clarification I will give you a few specifics that students usually ask about.
No hats, sunglasses, flip-flops, sandals, crocs, parachute pants, cut-offs, athletic shorts, pajama’s, warm-up pants, leggings, slippers, low cut shirts, halter tops, pants with holes in them, short-shorts, gym-type shorts, spaghetti straps, halter tops, or any type of bathing suit.