FIELD TRIP INFORMATION:
We want to share a few friendly reminders before we go on our Dahlonega Field Trip on Friday, March 17.
- Students may begin arriving school at 6:30 am and should be dropped off in the school bus port.
- Teachers will take roll on the bus at 6:50 am. Buses will leave at 7:00 am, NO EXCEPTIONS!
- After 7:00 am, there will not be anybody present to supervise children until 8:15 (when the school building is opened)
- Dress Code: please wear school appropriate clothing, close toed shoes, and bring a jacket for the Amicalola Falls hike
- Lunch is included and consists of 2-3 slices of either cheese or pepperoni pizza (student choice), a soft drink, and a dessert cake
- If you child cannot or does not want to eat this lunch, then please provide a sack lunch (no coolers allowed)
- Per the Bus company ~ Students may bring snacks for the bus:
- MUST have their drinks in a plastic bottle with a lid
- CANNOT include peanut or nut products
- CANNOT have gum or small candies (Skittles, M&M’s, Nerds, etc)
- Buses will be arriving back between 6:00-6:30 and parents should be at Awtrey NO LATER THAN 6:00 to pick up your child.
- To pick up students, you will need to park in the front of the building. You will need to walk back to the bus port to meet and pick up your student. We need to leave the bus port free to have room to unload the buses.
This field trip is an extension of the school day and students represent themselves, their teachers, and Awtrey Middle School. Any behavior issues suffered on this field trip will be addressed upon return to Awtrey or through our administrator on the trip.
Welcome to Earth Science!
This year, your sixth grader will be focusing on Earth science. Topics studied will include geology, oceanography, meteorology, and astronomy. Just in case you missed open house, here are some tips about Mrs. Emmett's class:
- Please use the links on the right side to find information needed for each class.
- Extra Help Sessions: Scheduled on an "as needed" basis. Please email Mrs. Emmett to schedule a time.
- Textbooks: Students will use the online textbook unless a parent requests a hard copy textbook. Textbook access information is located below. Please scroll down...
- The class syllabus is located on the individual class page links.
- The easiest way to contact Mrs. Emmett is through email. firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Textbook Information:
website: http://my.hrw.com (or use the link on the right)
Australia Trip 2017 Information:
Are you interested in traveling to Australia and New Zealand? If so, contact Mrs. Emmett. She is planning another Awtrey student trip (sponsored by EF Tours) for June 2017. Specific trip information is contained in the links below.
Australia Frequently Asked Questions:
Australia Information and Enrollment page: