page contents



Some Information for Parents



Any student who is injured can be excused from gym class with a parent note for up to three days. Any time PAST three days requires a doctor's note. In addition, if any child is excused from gym, they are also out of recess for their protection as well.



Since students will be going outside for any temperature above 32 degrees, please send your child in with the necessary clothing for outdoor temps: hats, gloves, coat.

Sometimes older students wear sweatshirts as coats, but they are not enough for outside temperatures.



Forms for Physicals


All physical Forms can be found on the Ogdensburg School Main Website, under Nurse's section. There are several forms for grade appropriate levels.

There is one for Kindergarten, one for grades 1st through 5th, and the last is for 6th though 8th grade Sports Physicals.


Links are also here on the left-hand side of this page.



Forms for Medications


All forms for medications here at Ogdensburg can also be accesed on the Ogdensburg School website, under Nurse's section.


There are two forms: Self-Administration Form

For any medication that the student can administer independently which CAN ONLY BE an inhaler or an Adrenalin Autoinjector (like an Epi-pen). This is per State law.


Over-the-Counter Medication Form

FOR ALL OTHER MEDICATIONS, such as Tums, Tylenol or Advil, Inhalers the student needs assistance with, or Nebulizers.


All medications must be brought to school by an adult (over 18 years of age) and in the ORIGINAL container. This medication will be kept locked with the child's name listed on it for their use during the School year. At the end of the year you will be requested to pick these medications up, or they need to be destroyed per State law.


Links are also on the left-hand side of this page.



Absences and Illness


Please call the School's absentee phoneline to state the reason and date of your child's absence. While you may contact the child's teacher, they may not have enough time to forward that message to me. It is easier for you to contact me and I can forward the information to them.

If you know that your child has a doctor appointment, orthodontist appointment, schedlued day off for vacation or birthdays, you can call ahead of time and that date will be registered so no follow up call on that date is needed.



Any questions???? Please come in to talk with me at any time, or call me directly at:

(973) 827-7126, extension 103.

If you need to leave a message, I will contact you as soon as possible, so give me a number and time that would be best to call you back.