We appreciate your help to have children follow our dress code to ensure that they are properly dressed for school. Our dress code is listed below.
- Sleeveless shirts should have thick straps that are at least the width of two fingers and cover their undergarments. Spaghetti straps and tie straps on tops and dresses are only allowed if the students are wearing a t-shirt underneath.
- Shorts should be fingertip length. Students sit on the floor for many activities, so long shorts (two inches above the knee or at the knee) are the most appropriate. Please make sure that the side panels of the athletic shorts are also fingertip length. Teachers will contact you if your child's shorts are too short for classroom activities.
- The length of skirts and dresses should follow the same guidelines as shorts. Students should wear the length of the garments closer to their knees if they do not wear leggings underneath.
- Students should wear shoes that cover their toes (athletic shoes/tennis shoes) on days when their classes have PE or Health & Fitness sessions.
- Flip flops are not safe shoes for school. Please have students wear shoes with ankle straps or shoes that cover the tops of their feet to help keep their feet protected during recess and classroom activities. Athletic shoes/tennis shoes with socks are the safest footwear for students.
- Young children may need a change of clothing throughout the school day due to spills and accidents. Please place a change of clothing in your child's backpack in the event that they need clean clothing articles during the school day. Our emergency clothing closet may not have their correct sizes. Plus, having the extra clothing in their backpacks will allow the children to quickly change their clothes and return to their classrooms for instruction.
- Hats and hoods are not to be worn in the building, unless we have a Hat Day.
- Remind children to bring coats during the winter months. Teachers take the children outside for recess on cold days, so coats are essential protective clothing for recess in cold weather.
Please write your child's name on all of their personal items (backpacks, lunchboxes, sweatshirts/jackets, winter coats, gloves, and hats).