Dear Students and Parents,
Hello and Welcome to Third Grade!
I am so excited and looking forward to meeting you! I will be busy shortly
getting things ready for all the exciting activities I have planned for us this year!
There is a lot to learn in third grade and we are going to have a GREAT time doing
it! To help us get started, please bring the items I have listed below with you on the
- 3 chapter books that are “just right” for you (not too hard and not too easy) and any other types of reading material you enjoy reading
- pencils and erasers (no mechanical pencils please)
- glue stick
- 12 pack of colored pencils
- SOFT, zippered pencil pouch
- 2 folders (1 for your homework, 1 for “Work In Progress”)
- 2 composition books (different colors if possible)
- package of 3” square sticky notes
- one thing that is special to you
- HEALTHYsnack and lunch or lunch money
- and last but not least – A SMILE!
I can’t wait to see you on Tuesday, August 27th!
Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Your 3rd grade teacher,