- Please help your child practice writing his or her name. I will send home a sample alphabet that you may keep. We will learn that the first letter is written in uppercase and the rest are in lowercase. I realize the children may be used to using all capital letters and it will take time to adjust.
- Help your child learn his or her phone number, address, and birthday.
- Dress your child in clothing that can be easily buttoned, snapped, tied, zipped, etc. Practice tying, buttoning, zipping, and snapping at home. Belts can be very difficult for kindergarteners to fasten themselves.
- Label all items that are sent to school, especially any money. If you send in recreation forms please attach the check to the form or use an envelope.
- Send in a healthy snack each day, along with a napkin and if needed, a spoon. Our snack break will be in the afternoon. The snack should be packed separately from the lunch. If you would like to donate a snack to keep on hand to share, such as pretzels, crackers, etc. it would be greatly appreciated. We can always use extra napkins as well. Thank you!
- Make sure your child knows if he or she is ordering lunch. Please put any money that you send to school in an envelope and label it with your child’s name. If they bring lunch from home, snack and/or milk money goes in their lunch boxes.
- Check your child’s folder every night and be sure to send it back in the morning. It is an important means of communication between home and school.
- Please send in a note after your child is absent. This is sent to the office, so please include the first and last name.
- Read, read, read to your child! Reading aloud is one of the best things you can do.
Thank you for your support!!!