7th Grade English/Language Arts (ELA)
Mrs. Pinter's Course Outline 2017-2018
Welcome to your 7th grade English/Language Arts (ELA) class. This class will challenge and inspire you in the pursuit of personal excellence in reading, writing, speaking, and listening. My expectations of you are as follows: Come to class with a positive attitude, and open mind, respect for yourself and the talents and insights of others, a sense of humor, and a spirit of adventure. A pencil, your current novel, agenda book, homework, and all class materials should also come with you.
I look forward to a great year together!
- Collections anthology and web-based series: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt © 2015
(These anthologies must be covered with a book sock/cover.)
- Collections Close Reader workbook: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt © 2015
- Common Core Assessment: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt © 2015
- Vocabulary Workshop Common Core Enriched Edition Volume B Sadlier-Oxford © 2013
- Class novel and/or current independent novel
- Tests: 50%
• Collections selection tests
• Collections Performance Tasks
• Novel exams and/or projects
• Major/lengthy writing assignments
- Quizzes: 20%
• Spelling quizzes---Greek Stems
• Vocabulary quizzes---move to test category middle of MP 2
• Journaling/Informal writing tasks
• Select graded homework/classwork assignments
- Homework: 10%
- Class effort/Participation: 10%
- Independent reading AR tests or book reports: 10%
Missing Homework Policy:
- After informing me of a missing homework assignment, a “Missing Homework Form” will be filled out
- Each“Missing Homework Form” will result in a 5 point deduction from your homework average
- 1 independent reading book per month
- Due dates will be given in advance
****Please sign and return this portion of the Course Outline to Mrs. Pinter by Friday, September 11th, 2017 Thank you***
I have read and understand my 7th Grade English/Language Arts Course Outline.
Student Signature: _______________________________
My child has shared the Course Outline with me.
Parent Signature: ________________________________