Mr. Bruscato's Science Classroom Page
I would like to welcome you to my STEM classroom! It is my goal to help you become better thinkers and life-long learners. Each of you has something important to add to the value of our time together, and I am excited to share my knowledge and experience with you. To ensure that class runs smoothly, the following rules will be in effect:
Standards of Conduct:
- Follow directions the first time they are given.
- Be prepared! (Binder, pen/pencil, work completed, textbook).
- Raise your hand and wait to be recognized before speaking.
- Respect others, their property, and school property.
- Absolutely no gum, candy, or food in the lab.
Consequences: Disregard for these standards of conduct may result in detention or removal from class. In some instances, involvement of parents may result.
Three-Ring Binder Notebook:
- Should be kept up-to-date and include all notes, handouts, completed worksheets, and quizzes.
Minor Grades (40%)
(Class work, Homework)
- Students must contribute during learning activities in class.
- Work must be complete, legible, and on loose-leaf paper.
- Late assignments will receive a deduction of 10 points per day. Work will not be accepted after 3 days.
- After 3 missed assignments, parents will be notified.
Major Grades (60%)
(Quizzes/Tests, Labs, Projects)
- Quizzes may be given at the end of every week or lesson.
- Notice of at least 1 week will be given before a test.
- Study guides will be provided for all tests.
- We will conduct many interesting investigations throughout the year. These may require a written lab report.
- Most major projects will be completed in class, but some may be assigned for completion at home.
I look forward to an exciting and productive year!
7th and 8th Grade Science
Eugene A. Tighe School